Executing Safety officer
The following Job descriptions is indicative target, every company and shipowner may significantly differ in the requirements, autorities and responsibilities from listed below.
- Take all actions necessary to meet his responsibilities.
- Head of the sea and cargo watch.
- Security duties as instructed by the SSO.
- Supervision of the deck ratings during the watch and stand by.
- Mooring station on the foc’sle, poop deck or on the bridge while entering and leaving port as decided by the master.
- In charge of the medical care, equipment and medication if appointed by the master.
Executing Safety Officer:
- Operability and inventories of all Safety & Security equipment and installations (Executing Safety Officer)
- Assist the Navigational Officer with the correction of charts and publications
- The master on navigational issues
- The chief officer on cargo, safety and security related issues
Delegation of authority and responsibilities:
- If agreed by master or chief officer
- Celestial and coastal navigation
- GMDSS operator
- Ballast operations
- Computer knowledge to use company computer systems and programs
- Practical and theoretical knowledge for the type of vessel engaged on
- Medical and First aid theoretical and practical knowledge.